Brian M. Clapper
Brian is our principal software developer. He has more than 40 years' software development experience in a broad variety of areas, with special experience in large-scale software design and development. Skills include:
- Large-scale systems design and development.
- Deep experience with big data, especially with Apache Spark and Databricks.
- Experience with popular web technologies, including AngularJS (both 1 and 2), EmberJS, React, Akka HTTP, Scalatra, The Play Framework, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Flask and others.
- RDBMS systems, from commercial databases like Oracle and SQLServer to open source offerings such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- A broad, but deep, base of experience that cuts across various industries.
- Nearly 40 years' experience with Unix-like systems (including Mac OS X), in addition to extensive experience with Microsoft Windows.
Brian founded and ran the Philly Area Scala Enthusiasts (PHASE) Scala user group for 10 years. He was also a co-organizer of the annual Northeast Scala Symposium and has served on the organizing committee for the Philly ETE conference.
For detailed information, please consult Brian's résumé: