Brian M. Clapper
Brian is our principal software developer. He has more than 35 years' software development experience in a broad variety of areas, with special experience in large-scale software design and development. Skills include:
- Large-scale systems design and development.
- Experience with popular web technologies, including AngularJS (both 1 and 2), EmberJS, React, Akka HTTP, Scalatra, The Play Framework, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Flask and others.
- RDBMS systems, from commercial databases like Oracle and SQLServer to open source offerings such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with large volumes of data and big-data processing with Apache Spark.
- A broad, but deep, base of experience that cuts across various industries.
- 30 years' experience with Unix-like systems (including Mac OS X), in addition to extensive experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Experience giving technical training classes in various areas, including Scala, Java, AngularJS, Python and Ruby, and Apache Spark.
Brian founded and runs the Philly Area Scala Enthusiasts (PHASE) Scala user group. He is also a co-organizer of the annual Northeast Scala Symposium and has served on the organizing committee for the Philly ETE conference.
For detailed information, please consult Brian's résumé: